Business eFile Number
The Business eFile Number (BEN) is needed to access eFile & Pay. The 8-digit BEN was sent in the mail. If you cannot find your BEN, please call us for assistance at 515-281-3114/800-367-3388, Monday through Friday, 8 to 4:15.
Your BEN is confidential. We give confidential information to the business owner, responsible party, or person with power of attorney only.
The User ID is assigned by the system. It is “0001” for the first person in your company to access eFile & Pay.
An 8-character password is chosen by the first person in the company to access eFile & Pay. If you don’t know your password, please call us for assistance at 1-800-367-3388 (Iowa only) or 515-281-3114.
File Return Before Payment
On eFile & Pay, a return must be submitted before a payment can be made for that period. Do not click "Make a Payment" until you have filed a return.
LOST / Sales by County
Completing this portion of the return is important to cities, counties, and schools. The information you put here assures correct distribution of the tax you collected.
- Complete this portion of the return or you will receive an error message.
- After calculating the taxable amount on line 5 of the return, click on: LOCAL OPTION/SALES ENTRY SCHEDULE CLICK HERE to report local option tax and/or sales by county.
- Enter the taxable amount (line 5 of the return) by county in the Sales by County column. This will not affect the tax due.
- Enter your taxable sales subject to local option tax by county in the Taxable Sales Local Option column.
- Click “Calculate” and then “Continue.” The system will automatically populate the total local option tax due on 6b of the return.