When completing the eFile & Pay “Your Profile” screen, you have the option to include your e-mail address.
When will I receive an e-mail from the Department?
- A courtesy reminder is sent approximately two weeks before the quarter due date.
- A courtesy e-mail is sent approximately two weeks after the quarter due date if you have not filed.
- A courtesy e-mail indicating you paid the tax, but did not file the return, is sent approximately 20 days after the due date.
- An information notice will be sent concerning changes to the eFile & Pay system.
Monthly filers receive a courtesy reminder each month and each quarter.
Will the Department request or send confidential information by e-mail?
To protect your privacy, the Department will request or send confidential information only under the following circumstances:
- You must answer three questions in order to authorize the Department to transmit confidential information by e-mail.
- You must verify you are the responsible party or have power of attorney.
What might the Department request from me after I meet the confidentiality guidelines listed above?
- Business eFile Number (BEN)
- Tax permit number
- Other detailed information needed to provide proper assistance
What will the Department never ask me to send in an e-mail?
- Your bank account number
If you are also subscribed to our eList service, you will receive a variety of other Iowa tax news. These e-mails are not part of the eFile & Pay system.
Following are the three questions you must answer in an e-mail to us before we can exchange confidential information by e-mail.
- Do you authorize the Iowa Department of Revenue to e-mail the confidential information you may request?
- To what e-mail address do you want us to send confidential information?
- Do you acknowledge that e-mail transmissions are not always secure?