Flooding and Tax Issues

Information for nonresidents temporarily relocating to Iowa

The Department is receiving questions regarding nonresidents who temporarily relocate to Iowa due to the flooding along the Missouri River. Below are answers to some of the frequently asked questions.

For more information, please contact the Iowa Department of Revenue at idr@iowa.gov or call 515-281-3114 or 1-800-367-3388 (Iowa, Omaha, Rock Island, Moline), 8 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. CT.