1. How do I get tax forms if I did not receive them in the mail automatically?
- Taxpayers can get the necessary forms and instructions online at www.iowa.gov/tax . The online form is fillable.
- Call our forms order line at 1-800-532-1531
- Request a form by e-mail at IowaTaxForms@Iowa.gov
- Request a form by mail - Iowa Department of Revenue; P.O. Box 10460; Des Moines IA 50306-0460
- Pick up a booklet at the Iowa Department of Revenue office: 4th floor, Hoover State Office Building, 1305 E. Walnut in Des Moines
- NOTE: due to limited availability, only one booklet will be provided to each customer.
2. Why is the Iowa Department of Revenue (IDR) not sending out income tax booklets anymore?
IDR will no longer automatically mail paper tax booklets because of the continued
growth in electronic filing, the availability of other options for taxpayers to obtain
forms, and to promote efficiency in state government.
3. Since I will not receive tax forms in the mail, may I choose to eFile instead?
File your individual income tax return electronically by using
- a tax professional
- tax preparation software
- online tax filing services
Almost all taxpayers can file electronically. You may qualify to eFile for free! Visit our Web site at www.iowa.gov/tax for more information.
4. Since I will not receive a tax booklet by mail, does that mean I don't have to file?
- No, if you meet the requirements to file an Iowa tax return, you are still required to file even though you will not receive a tax booklet by mail. To review filing requirements, click here.
5. How long will it take to receive forms after I order them?
- Please allow 14 days to receive your order.
6. Can I order just an envelope and label?
- No, IDR does not supply preprinted labels or envelopes.
7. Can I pick up a form at my local library?
- Libraries will not have printed Iowa tax forms available.
- You may be able to access the Internet at the library to obtain a form from our Web site.
8. Where can I get more information?
Call us: 8 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. CT
515-281-3114 or 1-800-367-3388 (Iowa, Omaha, Rock Island, Moline)
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org