With the continued growth of electronic filing, the Iowa Department of Revenue (IDR) will no longer automatically mail paper income tax forms and instruction booklets to individual taxpayers beginning with tax year 2011. This change is part of the IDR's focus on creating efficiencies through the increased use of technology. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and many other states have already taken this step.
We strongly encourage all taxpayers to file their returns electronically. eFiling is safe, easy, and refunds are issued in days instead of weeks. For information on how to file your 2011 tax return electronically, click here. You may even qualify to eFile for free!
Still want paper? Options include:
- Forms and instructions are available online at www.iowa.gov/tax. The online form is fillable.
- Request a form by mail - Iowa Department of Revenue; P.O. Box 10460; Des Moines IA 50306-0460
- Pick up a booklet at the IDR office on the 4th floor of the Hoover State Office Building, located at 1305 E. Walnut in Des Moines
- Call our forms order line at 1-800-532-1531
- NOTE: due to limited availability, only one booklet will be provided to each customer.